Have you noticed the #ClearTheList trend that's been taking over twitter? As we gear up for another school year, teachers all across this country are preparing their class with all the essentials students need for a successful school year. As you know, many teachers spend hundreds of dollars out of their own pocket just to make sure their class is equipped. Students need supplies to succeed and sadly some students have to start their school year off unprepared. Many families are doing their best but still aren't able to financially meet the students school needs. (That stuff is expensive ya'll) Guess who fills that need? Yes, teachers do! (It truly takes a village)
I am so thankful for the those who chose the path of educating young minds. (Especially in today's time where social media and cell phones create competition for attention) Lets show our support and help local teachers #ClearTheList. Teachers are creating Amazon wish lists and sharing them on social media using the hashtag #ClearTheList for those who would like to make donations. If you're a Twitter user just search #ClearTheListNC
My friend Summer Self brought the twitter trend to my attention.
- Mrs. Self is a teacher at John Chavis Middle School in Cherryville, NC. Yes, she also has a list that needs to be cleared. Click HERE if you're interested in donating.
- Jessica Day is a first grade teacher in Kernersville (right outside of Winston) She also needs help clearing her list! Click HERE to help.
- Lesa Goodman, 7th Grade Teacher at Piedmont Middle School in Monroe: Click HERE to help
- Kelly Baddick is a 3rd Grade teacher seeking help to clear her list: Click HERE to help
- Nicole Rogge is in her second year of teaching and is hoping to obtain flexible seating for her first graders. Click HERE to help
- Stacy Hoke going in to her 13th year of teaching. She'll be teaching kindergarten this year. Click HERE to help
- JK Rose: This list was created by my classroom as a list of items that they would like to have for outdoor recess (when we are assigned to be on the field) and indoor recess (when we have PE or the weather does not cooperate). My class would like the opportunity to have various games and activities to help get out their built up energy. They work so hard everyday that I promised to try to get them some new items for recess. Lastly, I did list a printer with ink as our school no longer provides a printer. This is essential when needing to print something to send home with one scholar, make a master copy to use at the printer or make fun games to make instructional time more fun! Any donation would be greatly appreciated and loved by our class. Thank you!!! Click HERE to help
- Ali Koutsopoulos is a 2nd grade teacher in North Carolina!! Any help is appreciated Click HERE to help
- Lindy Teachey teaches students with Autism at Hillcrest Elementary in Burlington, NC. Help her clear the list! Click HERE to help
- Daniele DiChiara is in her 13th year as a 6th grade science teacher. She is revamping her classroom ... Click HERE to help
- Katey Smith-Alkire is starting her 11th year teaching in CMS! She teaches 5th grade and hopes to make this the best year ever! Please consider helping her #clearthelist Click HERE To Help
- Lauren Miles teaches 5th grade at a low income school! Click HERE to help
- Kellie Bongivengo is a 4th grade teacher in Concord, NC at a Title I school, and would love for her students to start the new school year with a few items off her class wish list! Click HERE to help
- Emily Schmidt a K-5 Inquiry Lab Teacher in Concord, NC. Teaches 700+ AMAZING students. They do a little bit of everything in her class from creating magnet powered cars to building electrical circuits to programming robots. Click HERE to help
- Carolyn Grady is a teacher in Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools. Click HERE to help
- Kayla Wooten is a 7th grade English Teacher in Gastonia. Click HERE to help
- Heather Mullinax has taught Kindergarten for 10 years at Chapel Grove Elementary in Gastonia, NC. Click HERE to help
- Amanda Blethen is a first grade teacher at a Cabarrus County School. "My students come to me with tons of energy and need help focusing. My list is heavy on flexible seating options for my class. I am hoping to give students the ability to choose the best spot for them to learn in my classroom." Click HERE to help
- Melissa Madison teaches 3rd grade at AO Elementary in Elon, NC. "I’ve got everyday items like books, glue sticks, etc but I also have out of the box items I’d like for my class like a microphone to help encourage student voice" Click HERE to help
- Rebecca Aranyi is a high school teacher in Concord, NC. Click HERE to help
- Liz Morris is a Kindergarten teacher in Hickory. "Any help with my list would be greatly appreciated!" Click HERE to help
- Becky Rife teaches English Language Learning. She would love to get more books about different cultures and hands on learning materials. Click HERE to help
- Jennifer Apap is a special education teacher in Clover, SC. Click HERE to help
- Miriam WIlson is a high school history teacher at Kings Mountain high School! She teaches Civics, World History and US History! Click HERE to help!
- Stephanie Rikard Short is a 4th Grade Science and Social Studies teacher at Grover Elementary School. Click HERE to help
- Michelle Montgomery is a Physical Education teacher at Southwest Primary School. Click HERE to help
- Missy Short is a 7th grade science teacher in Kings Mountain. Click HERE to help
- Kaylee Bell "Good morning! I am at first year teacher at Stanley Middle School in Gastonia and I have a few more things on my wish list that I ran out of money for before the start of the school year." Click HERE to help
- Catherine Marks is a 4th Grade Math and Science teacher at WR Odell ... Click HERE to help
- Marie Zwick is a 6th grade Math teacher in Gaston County. "I’m trying to add flexible seating and more small group tools to my classroom this year!" Click HERE to help
- Tara Dickerson is a special education teacher for Northern Middle school, Roxboro NC. "I hope to give my students a classroom where they can learn and over come many obstacles!" Click HERE to Help
- Laura Davis is a Kindergarten teacher at West Elementary in Kings Mountain! Click HERE to help
- Alyssa Mulhall is a teacher at a magnet school in Charlotte! Please help her clear the list. Click HERE to help
- Sandra White is a local Carolina teacher needing help clearing her list. Click HERE to help
- Paulette Seifert is a 4th grade teacher at Catawba Springs Elementary School in Denver, NC Click HERE to help
If you're a teacher or know a teacher that has a list that needs to be cleared, please email me your list link at: firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll add your name and list to this blog!! Be the village and pay it forward!