There's nothing like a good scrub after a long hard day. I'll admit that I'm a fan of the loofah. I find using one leaves me feeling cleaner and ready to go.
Well, according to dermatologists, this couldn't be farther from the truth. In fact, 98% of them advise people to throw these shower puffs in the trash immediately. Apparently, after you use the loofah, those dead skin cells get trapped in the layers of the puff's material. And when you leave that puff in the shower after you do your business, all the moisture that remains in the aftermath of the warm water, causes bacteria to fester within the layers. That then leads to the growth of yeast and mold.
On top of all of this, if you use it after you shave, you have the potential of causing infections. The bacteria can get into the nicks and lead to some bad looking and feeling skin.
Read more: http://www.healthyfoodteam.com/scientists-urging-anyone-uses-loofah-throw-prepare-worst/