I think it's safe to say that one of the greatest Country songs of all time is Reba McEntire and Linda Davis's duet "Does He Love You." The timeless classic pits wife versus mistress in a beautifully melodic ballad. And Reba is, hand down, a timeless artist.
Another timeless artist? Dolly Parton. So how cool would it be if Reba and Dolly teamed up for an updated version of "Does He Love You?" SOOO cool, right?
Well, if you haven't heard, Reba just released a new album called Revived, Remixed, Revisited that includes 30 Reba classics that are just that, either "revived," "remixed," or "revisited." And one of the "revisited" songs happens to be "Does He Love You" featuring, you guessed it, Dolly Parton! (insert screams of joy here)
The video was just released. Check it out!
Here is the track listing for Revived, Remixed, Revisited:
- Can’t Even Get The Blues
- Is There Life Out There
- The Greatest Man I Never Knew
- Walk On
- Whoever’s In New England
- The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia
- For My Broken Heart
- Take It Back / Why Haven’t I Heard From You
- You Lie
- Turn On The Radio (Tracy Young Remix)
- I'm Gonna Take That Mountain (Dave Audé Remix)
- Little Rock (StoneBridge Remix)
- I'm A Survivor (Lafemmebear Remix)
- Does He Love You (Eric Kupper Remix) (Duet with Linda Davis)
- You Keep Me Hangin' On (Love To Infinity Remix)
- The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia (Eric Kupper Remix)
- The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter (Ralphi Rosario Remix)
- Why Haven't I Heard From You (Dave Audé Remix)
- Fancy (Dave Audé Remix)
- The Fear Of Being Alone
- Consider Me Gone
- Somebody Should Leave
- How Blue
- Does He Love You (Duet with Dolly Parton)
- One Promise Too Late
- The Last One To Know
- New Fool At An Old Game
- I'm A Survivor
Yes, "Fancy" makes an appearance three times in three different fashions. And the whole album is pretty cool!
Back to "Does He Love You," if you don't remember the original version, here it is.