North Carolina and South Carolina public schools are closed for at least the next two weeks, as they do their part trying to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus. Although schools are closed they will continue providing lunch and breakfast for students in need of a meal. Below is a listing of locations in the area providing assistance.
Kannapolis City Schools
KCS has established "Grab and Go" lunches for students during the mandated closure of schools. Beginning Monday, any student can get free breakfast and lunch at one of five distribution sites or via meal delivery service. If you are unable to access either of these, call the KCS helpline at 704-92-2222.
- A.L. Brown High School
- Fred L. Wilson Elementary
- Jackson Park Elementary School
- McKnight Head Start
- Woodrow Wilson Elementary School
Mobile meal delivery will be provided from 12 p.m. until 12:30 p.m. for students who can't get to the meal distribution sites. Free lunches and bagged breakfasts will be delivered to the following locations:
- 450 Cabarrus Arms Drive (Cabarrus Arms Apartments)
- 620 Atlantic Street (West Green Apartments)
- 703 Buick Avenue (Calvary Baptist Church)
- 905 Sears Street
- Kidd Street and Canyon Lane
- Kimball Street and Cove Road
- Leisure Park Circle
- Sandy Court and Ridge Way Drive
- Superior Avenue and Fowler Street
- Wren Street and Independence Square
Rock Hill Schools
The district will offer free "grab and go" breakfast and lunches at five locations to all students. Breakfast will be available from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. and lunch will be served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Meals are available to all children 18 or younger. To pick up a meal, families are encouraged to visit the location closest to them. Children must be present with a parent or guardian to receive a free meal.
- Belleview Elementary, 501 Belleview Road
- Finley Road Elementary, 1089 Finley Road
- Richmond Drive Elementary, 1162 Richmond Drive
- Rosewood Elementary, 2240 Rosewood Drive
- Oakdale Elementary, 1129 Oakdale Road
Cleveland County Schools
Cleveland County Schools will be feeding at the sites listed below from 11:30-1 each day. Students ages 2-18 will receive lunch and breakfast for the next Morning.