The coupon website RetailMeNot posted a list of five things that usually go on sale in February. So if you're in the market for any of this stuff, now might be a good time to buy . . .
- Custom items, like engraved picture frames. Stuff like that gets marked down an average of 40% ahead of Valentine's Day.
- Food delivery. DoorDash has 25% off your first purchase right now, and Postmates has a $15 delivery credit for existing users.
- TVs. They're around 30% off, because there's a lot of leftover stock after the Super Bowl. February is the second-cheapest time of year to buy a new TV. The only time they're cheaper is around Black Friday.
- Flowers. An average of 21% cheaper than normal because of Valentine's Day.
- Subscriptions to online dating sites, like Match.com. Dating sites always go after single people around Valentine's Day. So most of them have deals right now. The average is 20% off, but eHarmony currently has a coupon for 35% off.