CHARLOTTE, N.C. - As Tropical Storm Florence begins to make an impact in the Charlotte region, we will keep you updated on roads closed by downed trees and what neighborhoods are experiencing power outages.
Visit WSOCTV.com for the most up-to-date information.
Shopton road is closed because of downed power lines.
State Road 2547 (Safrit Road) in Rowan County is blocked due to a tree down on power lines.
Rock Hill police responded overnight to numerous trees down. No injuries were reported.
Union County road closures:
- NC-218 near Holly School Road
- South Potter Road near Embassy Court
- E CJ Thomas Road near Unionville Road
Richmond County road closures:
- NC-381 near Scotland County Road
- Concord Church Road near Saron Church Road
- Richmond Road near Terrys Bridge Road due to a down tree
- Battley Dairy Road near Homeplace Road due to a fallen tree
- East Washington Street and Long Drive due to down power lines
Anson County road closures:
- Near US 52 between US52 and Browns Creek Road due to high water
Stanly County road closures:
- Hwy 731 is closed between SR 1766 and Hwy 52 South in Norwood due to hanging utility lines
- Indian Mound Road is closed at SR 1739 to NC 24/27 due to a downed tree and power lines
More trees have fallen across the Charlotte area overnight:
- 1914 Dilworth Road
- Queens Road West prior to Queens Road
- Derita Avenue at Gibbon Road
- Tyvola Road at Wedgewood Drive
- 1400 South Wendover Road
- Sam Newell Road at Crown Point Elementary School
- Tree fell on the roof at Heath Springs Residential Care in Lancaster. Nobody was hurt.
Saturday, September 15th
Six people were getting ready for dinner Saturday night when a tree crushed their Gaston County home. They got out of the house safely, and there were no injuries reported.
Downed power lines and a tree have shut down Standard Street. Police are asking drivers to avoid the area.
Officials said no one was hurt.
Flash flood warnings have been issued for Cabarrus and Rowan counties until 10:30 p.m. Saturday.
The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department said it has responded to several tree downs across the area, but so far, there have been no serious injuries.
A tree came down on top of a home in Matthews. Channel 9 was told no one was hurt when the tree fell on Hartis Lane.
Flash flood warnings have been issued for Anson, Union, Richmond and Stanly counties until 10:15 p.m. Saturday
Channel 9 crews arrived on scene of a large tree on a home in the Myers Park neighborhood.
Duke Energy is reporting 7,415 customers without power in Mecklenburg County
A large tree has crashed down on Howard Road in the Derita neighborhood of north Charlotte.
State Road 1228 (White Store Road) is closed in both directions in Anson County Near Peachland due to a tree down.
State Road 1608 (Boyd Lake Road) is closed in both directions in Richmond County due to downed power lines and trees.
Outbound lanes of South Tryon Street at Southampton Road are closed due to a power line down. Duke Power is on scene working on the problem. The inbound lanes remain open.
Providence Road West at Marvin Road is closed in both directions due to power lines being down. The tree came crashing down around 7 p.m. Friday.
Police have barricades in place to prevent traffic from driving on the lines.
There are more than 3,300 Duke Energy customers without power in Mecklenburg County.
Nations Ford Road is closed in both directions just north of Archdale Drive (near the Burger King) due to power lines being down in the roadway. The lines are down after being hit by a tree limb.
A large tree has fallen in the 2300 block of Margaret Wallace Road in southeast Charlotte. The road is closed from St. Peters Lane to Whitfield Drive.
The tree has knocked down a power line and traffic lights are out on Highway 74 from Krefeld Drive to Harris Boulevard, and on Margaret Wallace Road from Independence Boulevard to Idlewild Road.
Crews said it will be at least 7 a.m. before everything is fixed.