St. Jude Walk/Run to End Childhood Cancer
Join us September 22nd for the St. Jude Walk/Run to End Childhood Cancer. You can sign up to walk or run with The Kat team here!
Join supporters in 65 communities during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month for this family-friendly event that raises funds to support the lifesaving mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.®
About St. Jude
• Families never receive a bill for treatment, travel, housing or food — because all a family should worry about is helping their child live. Our purpose is clear: Finding cures. Saving children.®
• Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20 percent to more than 80 percent since it opened more than 50 years ago. We won’t stop until no child dies from cancer.
• Between 180,000 and 240,000 children around the world are diagnosed each year with cancer.Many of these children will not have access to adequate diagnosis and treatment.- Through our global efforts, we are working to ensure that children with cancer around the world have access to quality care.
• About 420,000 adults in the U.S. are childhood cancer survivors.- Our care doesn’t end when treatment is finished – St. Jude follows our patients for life. We’re learning and sharing insights from yesterday’s patients to improve care today.
• St. Jude freely shares the discoveries it makes, and every child saved at St. Jude means doctors andscientists worldwide can use that knowledge to save thousands more children.
• The support of donors gives St. Jude the freedom to focus on what matters most - saving children regardless of their financial situation.